"New organisation & e-business solutions for conventional and non-conventional textile applications - A roadmap"
Period: July 2001 - June 2003
Type: European Research
TEX-MAP aims to develop a strategic roadmap leading to the transformation of the Textile-Clothing-Distribution (TCD” chain, into a cross-sectorial, dynamic, innovative, flexibly integrated and customer-oriented business network by year 2010. The idea of the “TEX-MAP” project is based on the recommendations of the “Textile/Clothing Working Group for the IST programme” composed of the members of the TEX-MAP “Core Group”. The objective of this group and consequently the objective of TEX-MAP is to define a “Strategic Roadmap”, which will prepare the ground and develop the critical mass for a possible “Integrated Project” in the 6th Framework Programme.
The main Technical objectives of the TEX-MAP project are:
- To carry out a systematic recording of the state-of-the-art on relevant e-solutions, standards and current status of the research related to the “Framework” mentioned above,
- To analyse current technical needs and socio-economic problems set by each of the “key issues” likely to be adopted by the firms operating along the TCD chain and across other related or similarly structured sectors,
- To consider projections and prioritised Gap Analysis derived via a Delphi study,
- To estimate the resources needed,
- To set up a comprehensive Work-programme that will finally establish the TEX-MAP as a comprehensive description of future research needs and opportunities.
Athens Technology Center
Institut français du textile et de l’habillement
MIRALab, University of Geneva